THERE ARE SIX QUESTIONS YOU SHOULD ASK YOUR AGENT IN ORDER TO DETERMINE IF THAT AGENT IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU
1. Are they familiar with the area? This will let you know about the culture, what activities to do, and what you’re going to like and dislike about the area.
2. How long have they been selling in the area? This will let you know the kind of transaction experience they have working with others in the community.
3. What has the local real estate market been doing in the past 12 months? You can follow that up by asking them what their projections are for the next six to 12 months in the real estate market. Real estate agents can use past data and trends to know what to expect.
4. Do they have a vendor list readily available? If something were to happen to the home, who do they know can come in and help? The professionals referred by the agent should be able to provide you top customer service.
5. What is their track record? How many transactions has the agent done in the last 12 months? This will let you know if they have the experience to negotiate the best possible terms for you. If they sell only a few homes a year, it’s very telling about the experience they lack. If they sell many homes each year, they’re more knowledgeable about the area.
6. Do they have a reliable support staff? There are 17 people involved in a typical real estate transaction. An agent with a support staff can make sure that your transaction goes smoothly from start to finish.
When considering a real estate agent, choose a professional and make sure you’re comfortable and confident they will represent you well.
Hope this guide was helpful, and please do not hesitate to contact me at 647.930.1888 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the purchase or sale of your home, investment advice or if you would just like more information.